Search This Blog

Thursday, March 17, 2011

Update #1 on Stubborn Teenager

While my son was still at his low point, I searched for a psychologist. That search went unheard, I had no idea how extremely difficult it is to find one for a child. In the meantime, my son's favorite hobby and its upcoming state event pulled him back around. He knew if he wanted to go, he would have to get the grade up passed an F. In a short time, he was happier and he brought the grades up. I let him go to the event with a promise he needs to continue to improve. I also told him he needs to apologize to my boyfriend on his own terms. My son pretty much flat out said "FU" but it was an indirect conversation that meant the same thing.

He is still in the talking stages of a job, a car, etc. I told him he needs to make the effort to do those things and show real desire to do and have those responsibilities and freedoms, I am not going to hold his hand like a small child and have him do them when he is obviously not ready yet.

I see short term improvement.

Again, about a month later - end of March; he is returning to his original thoughts and plans that he liked and wanted to do. It all seemed to balance itself out so far.

No comments:

Post a Comment