Search This Blog

Monday, March 21, 2011

I applied to About as a part-time writer under Style etiquette

I found myself feeling very excited about applying to About.com as a part-time writer. The area suited to me is Style etiquette because of my bridalletter.com website and work in the wedding field. This became a very clear tool for me to use after learning more in depth about blogging through the 2011 Blogging Summit and social media from books (the summit is upcoming in May). It may be a while before I hear back, but it gives me plenty of time to add more articles to my own blogs and work as that already employed writer. I love it! I recommend anyone that writes or blogs to check it out as an opportunity to improve and work professionally.

All things discussed about blogging, working as a professional writer; even if just potential opened up a whole new door of ideas and opportunities. It gave me a much clearer understanding on how to look for and write that "quality content"the experts all talk about. I quickly found areas of missing information on the Internet that I was able to fill. There will be even more as I schedule time to create more for the bridal industry and I may do that for mybabyshower.com too.

I am new to Twitter, (@ reviewsbling ) but I am really loving it so much better now. So many contacts and new ideas and real time information to follow. The poor battery on my Android phone just drains down continuously on any given day. I maintain viewing it on a computer instead. I am anxious to learn more about Twitter.

This is truly a welcome opportunity and an excellent way to take my new found self and apply it to a new area in life that pulls it right out of that mid life rut. I hope all of you can find that one thing that does the same for you - the guiding light and new found bliss in and a new thing to do in life.

No comments:

Post a Comment