Search This Blog

Thursday, March 17, 2011

Have another wedding?

As I make bridal favors, I imagine using them in my own wedding. The insight gives me true feeling whether I love it enough to use it myself - then I know I have something special for someone else.

This is the one I love and would put on my wedding reception tables. SWEET!

After divorce, it is much scarier to consider remarrying sometime after that. None of us want to fail again or pick the wrong person. I have a comfortable life and the thought of somehow potentially disrupting that just feels wrong. I look at wedding stuff all the time. I can feel the urges of that sweet innocent feeling to just love and cherish and pick out all these wonderful flowers, cakes, dresses and shoes. It is amazing how new and different a wedding is today compared to the early 90's. So much more about the bride and groom, so elegant and special. I love watching the wedding shows, I even cry sometimes.

What is the hold/scare? Failure a second time around. Fear of big conflicts that could destroy the relationship. Changes within oneself that separate the couple. Can I do everything I want to do during the second half of my life or will I feel restrictions or limitations and that draining away of some dreams? Is the Mayan calendar right? If the end of the world is in 2012 do I want to stick with my comfort zone or venture outward more.

The main point is there are questions, unknowns and conflicts to handle at some point but when the love, closeness and happiness outweigh the unknowns - then I think remarrying is worth the thought and maybe the plan towards a set date.

No comments:

Post a Comment