Search This Blog

Tuesday, March 1, 2011

How Did I Get Here?

I arrived in midlife crisis on Jan 9th, 2011 on my 40th birthday. Right along with my newly acquired B.A. degree in paralegal studies from Everest University on that same day. Was it creeping up a little before that? Yes I think so.

Married and divorced once, with a son that is 16 (not driving yet - otherwise this would be a much Bigger Crisis Time) and a daughter age 14 (the age you are terrifed to let them have access to the internet and boys).

I have worked for the same comany for over three years, but I find corporate America is hard on a person's morale. It is best to remind oneself it is business, not personal and it helps keep it all in perspective. I like my pay, benefits and some of the people I work with. I am always working on businesses that may allow me to stay away from corporate choas down the road.

I think this is the motto to guide us through the fog. “You will not expend energy on denial, survival, or suppression, but you will gain energy from insight, evolution, and expression…from being authentic. The energy that fuels an extraordinary life is harnessed from within your heart.” Living Forward at Midlife
by Suzanne Zoglio, Ph.D http://www.soulfulliving.com/living_forward_midlife.htm
Soulfulliving.com is a resource site filled with experts in the field of midlife crisis.

My boyfriend of nearly four years has already experienced the great PUSH from me. I recently tried very hard to end it and make him leave. He held strong as he normally does. I am sure he had no idea it was more me then him. Although I had some valid reasons about him too. Many woman make a more grave mistake of affairs or going wild suddenly. I don't feel the need to do that. I had my wild time after my divorce and before committing to my boyfriend, John. He talks about marriage, I still feel very uneasy about it. "Been there, done that." Not seeing enough reason to do it again and not an area I feel the need to make another mistake in.

I am still in it of course. I lost my father in 2005 to stomach cancer. My mother is still here, so glad. She is 72, has her own home and handling my two difficult siblings. She has many medical things she has to fight all the time, but amazing strong woman. None of us want to be without our parents, but this is the age we begin to near that loss. It's no wonder midlife crisis overwhelms our lives and thoughts at times. Pretty soon, I will experience the empty nest; but that will be another story.

No comments:

Post a Comment