Search This Blog

Tuesday, March 1, 2011

From Breaking Point to New Opportunities Realized


Reading the article in Time, I can tell I am like many others myself. I have always seen opportunity in situations or ideas and I think that helps me through any possible stagnant moments.
"Many feel that along the way, while they were getting their promotion or having their kids or managing their households, they set aside something important that they want to retrieve..." (time.com, Gibbs) Midlife means it is time to stop and do for ourselves or help others now.

 
Read more: http://www.time.com/time/magazine/article/0,9171,1059032-3,00.html#ixzz1FNK20DQC
The Breaking Point: How Female Midlife Crisis Is Transforming Today's Women, which suggests that the national conversation is about to have a hot flash. — Sue Shellenbarger.
I have had an additional restriction that I have turned into a new type of opportunity. I have had an injury for nearly a year now limiting many aspects of my life and yes adding to the downward pull of a crisis time. I have learned about blogging, attended the Blogging Summit 2011 in February and gained a greater understanding for why and how useful it is today. It is a great avenue to further share information and help others. Take something you love or want to expand on and start your own blog. It is beneficial as an outlet and eventually, people will find and follow you. Reach out to others and offer up your expertise, images, videos and resources you find along the way.
My other hobby, Stampinup/scrapbooking. My creative outlet is now unleashed once again. I did have to wait til after my education was complete. I have two blogs for this hobby:  http://www.bridalletter.blogspot.com/ and http://www.mybabyshowershop.blogspot.com/.
Go from breaking point to a newly realized opportunity you may have kept quiet for years. What is holding you back now? The answer should be nothing. Enjoy your time, your hobby or interest or dream. It is time for you. If you don't know what you want, then it will be a part of your self-discovery.
Resources:
Gibbs, Nancy. Midlife Crisis? Bring it on. 5/8/05.
Read more: http://www.time.com/time/magazine/article/0,9171,1059032,00.html#ixzz1FNITorUI

No comments:

Post a Comment