Search This Blog

Friday, March 4, 2011

Funny about foods and ingredients like MSG

As we all get older and think more about what we eat as we border on a fine line between healthy and 1 in 3 getting cancer; I want to talk about MSG. It really is not just in Chinese foods. It is in a large number of everyday products we use.


The Truth About MSG
chinese food

One site I feel has some unbiased facts is http://www.msgtruth.org/
I can relate to the one time I experienced an instant migraine headache, but I didn't know until I found this site that ibuprofen can block that triggered affect.

Another important factor, have your children take Advil prior to immunizations, see the link to read the full details and why. I wish I knew about this many years ago, I always had a fear about them developing autism following any one immunization.

The reason I am bringing this subject about MSG is because my boyfriend has experienced a much more extreme reaction to it. Since this has happened exactly the same way 4 different times. The common or same things that occurred are: he had a high level of alcohol in his system (beer). The food had a certain amount of MSG or other type of preservative in it. He took 3 bites, got non-stop hiccups, immediately threw up and had a sore throat to follow. This was steakburgers from a mail order company two different times and this last time was chicken marinated in Italian dressing that contained a preservative and it was a brand we don't normally use.  He doesn't seem to experience it every time but with the two toxins together - MSG and toxic level of alcohol - he gets that reaction.

We plan to watch those labels a little closer too next time we go shopping.

No comments:

Post a Comment