Search This Blog

Friday, June 17, 2011

What I am doing this summer with sales, bridal, baby and Blue Springs

Elissa sailboat on Peir 21.
What I (Brenda Green) am doing this summer. In May 2011 I visited the beach in Galveston, Texas. Was good to feel the sand and find so many shells and sea glass again. I think a 2nd home would be nice some day; one right on the beach.

Down in the fan walk area where they inspect the race cars.

Went to my first NASCAR race on June 5, 2011 thanks to Sprint Sponsorship. Very hot but very worthwhile and loved going. I can feel the NASCAR fan virus catching on.

I am trying to get my son out the door and working his first job, although I am not pushing real hard because I want him to do it on his own. I am feeling a lot of resistance. Why a teenager would rather be bored is beyond my thinking My daughter missed out on volunteering at the Jacomo Day camp, the one year she is old enough and then they moved the age up - big disappointment!

I am applying to About.com again, this one is for Wedding Invitations, so wish me luck! I really want to be a part-time writer.

http://mygarageandyardsales.com/ is taking off very well. This business is a lot of fun and it is a wonderful way to help charities and fundraisers when they have a garage sale or community sale to raise funds for their cause. I list them for free on my website. I am working on more articles to better help the people setting up a sale and all of us that like to go to them. So far:  "5 Things to look for on Twitter and Why" and "10 Ways to go shopping at yard sales PREPARED". I am working on a staging your garage sale to make the best presentation of your things.

Bridal Letter is getting some additions to the line. I am waiting on the 40% recycled glass bottles for honey and I am working on the favors to use for throwing lavender or white millet bird seed - eco-friendly ways and no clean up for your ceremony locations.

Stampin Up - I am going to Convention for the first time in Salt Lake City, UT mid July. I hope to bring new ideas to use in my bridal and baby shower businesses and for people that love to stamp like I do.

No comments:

Post a Comment